Adapted from: www.nutrition-and-you.com
My son loves lemonade. I found this amazing recipe for Maple Lemonade with Peaches and Thyme and it was so delicious! The perfect treat on a hot summer day!
Maple Lemonade with Peaches and Thyme
3 peaches, sliced
Zest of 1 small lemon
A few sprigs of fresh thyme (reserve some for serving)
½ cup maple syrup
3 cups water, still or sparkling
½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. In a blender, combine the peaches, lemon zest, thyme, maple syrup and ½ cup of the water. Blend until smooth.
2. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and into a large pot or bowl. Discard the leftover pulp.
3. Stir in the lemon juice then top up with the water until you reach a desire taste / sweetness. Add more if needed.
4. Pour into jugs or bottles and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To serve, pour some over a glass of ice and add a few sprigs of fresh thyme and lemon slices to the glass, if you wish.
Tomatoes with Balsamic and Herbs
1 tomato, sliced
Handful of fresh parsley, oregano, basil, finely chopped
Slice tomatoes and arrange on a large plate. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with fresh herbs.
Tofu Taco Bowl with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette and Peach-Tomato Salsa
Recipe by Lisa Cheplak
½ head Romaine Lettuce
2-3 Green Onions, chopped
½ Cucumber, chopped
1-15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
12 ounces firm Tofu, cut into cubes
1 cup cooked Brown Rice
1. Cook rice, set aside
2. Drain Tofu, cut into cubes.
3. Wash, rinse and chop lettuce into bite size pieces then add to bowl. Next, add green onions, cucumber, and avocado.
4. Add about ½ can of black beans, brown rice and tofu to the salad bowl.
5. Pour cilantro lime vinaigrette (recipe below) onto salad and mix well.
6. Top with peach/tomato salsa (recipe below)
Garnish with fresh cilantro. Can also top with tortilla strips.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
2 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove
½ tsp agave nectar or maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp coriander
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined well.
1 Peach, diced
1 Tomato, diced
1/2 chili pepper or jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1-2 Green onions, chopped
¼ tsp Salt
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Vegan Peach Pie
Recipe from www.Vegetarian.com
vegan pastry dough for a double crust pie
6 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly brown sugar, packed
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
2 Tbsp cold vegan butter (I used Earth Balance), cut into small pieces
1 Tbsp soymilk
1 tsp sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a vegan pie-crust dough and refrigerate, or use store-bought vegan pastry dough.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place peaches in boiling water for just a few seconds, then carefully remove. This will help to remove the outer peach skins easily. Peel and slice peaches. Place peaches in an 8-inch square baking dish or casserole dish.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, and allspice, then add to peaches, gently tossing to coat the peaches well. Drop the cut margarine onto the peach and flour mixture.
4. Roll out vegan pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Cover baking dish with pastry, then pour the peach mixture into the prepared crust. Add second layer of pastry and press the edges to seal, and crimp with a fork or pinch closed with your fingers.
5. Brush the top of your peach pie with soy milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut a few slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
6. Bake your vegan peach pie in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until crust is lightly golden brown.
Enjoy! Make It Healthy and Make It Fun!