Red Beet Hummus
- 1 medium beet
- 1- 15 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, unpeeled
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash beet well and place with garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold to make a packet leaving room for heat to circulate inside the packet containing the beet and garlic.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until beet is tender when poked with a knife.
- Remove skin off of the garlic and the beet
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Make It Healthy and Make It Fun!